How unexpected of me to do cupcakes. I’m just literally gonna give you the heads up of what I baked and the recipe. So enjoy.
So I’ve been in love with Hummingbird Bakery ever since my friend Nicola introduced me. And then for my 16th birthday Ajay got me the cookbook and then this Christmas my good Romanian friend Aimee brought me the bigger version. So I have 2, a cupcake book and the recipe book. I’m truly spoilt.
Recipe, I know this off by heart:
120g Plain Flour
40g Butter at room temperature
140g Caster Sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp Vanilla extract
Cream cheese frosting
50g butter at room temperature
300g icing sugar
125g Cream Cheese, Cold
1) Combine all the dry ingredients with half the milk contents
2) Mix together until it becomes sand like texture
3) In another bowl add the egg and vanilla into the rest of the milk and mix, then slowly add to the sand mixture.
4) Mix for a couple of minutes until lighter and fluffier. You can add a drop of milk more to thinning the batter if you prefer. It’s entirely up to you. Experiment and see what your oven prefers. That’s how I look at it!
5) Bake in a oven of 170c pre-heated oven
1) Beat the butter and cream cheese together until well combined then bit by bit mix the sugar in.
2) Once all added whip it slight to feel a little lighter then top the cooled cupcakes. Dust with a little shredded coconut and done.
So far I’m enjoying it. Let’s see what the rest of the month holds. Love how I chose the month with the least days in the year to complete my challenge. 1 day down, 27. Just to let you know I’ll be reporting 2 days later. So this happened on Saturday.