I have finally found the Perfect Recipe which is the simplest. I don’t care what anyone says, I think this is the one for me! See now I have this theory that whenever you don’t put effort into something you make, it comes out DELICIOUS and PERFECT. Yet whenever I actually make an effort, it comes out like turd. All I’m saying is that I may have found the ratio which I can do.
I just love the golden crust you get on a simple sponge.
- 150g Butter, Room temperature and cubed
- 1 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup of Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp on Vanilla extract
- ¼ almond extract – can use a different flavour or add orange zest as well as the almond extract.
Okay so it is as simple as making the batter….
- Using the electric whisk or mixer if you’d prefer, mix the butter, sugar and eggs together until pale yellow.
- Sift flour and Baking powder in and whisk for 3 minutes.
- Add milk bit by bit until it feels like lightly whipped cream
- Pour into prepared tin and bake in the 150 degree Celsius oven for 45-60 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN WITHIN THE FIRST 40 MINUTES.
Because it’s just a simple cake using a prettier cake tin sets it off. Or you can even put it in a loaf tin and slice it up like bread and sandwich 2 with jam and whipped. Now that is cute when you have friends or family over.
with the ring tin, like i used you can spread chocolate ganache over the top.
Usually with other recipes I make, I get a thick crispy crust and this time I got no major crust just a smooth springy cake. Please tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions as to how to improve ‘develop’ the recipe.